Founded in 1883, Bancroft is a non-profit organization focused on serving children and adults with autism, intellectual or developmental disabilities and those who require neurorehabilitation. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, NJ, Bancroft provides early intervention for autism, childhood and transition education, vocational training and supported employment, structured day programs, community residential programs, brain injury and neurological rehabilitation, behavioral treatment, and in-home and outpatient services.
With 2,500 employees, Bancroft programs serve, support and treat more than 1,700 individuals in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware.
Bancroft strives to ensure that every person has opportunities for lifelong learning, working to individualize and achieve life goals as valued and respected members of our world. For more information, visit www.bancroft.org. For the latest updates, follow Bancroft on Twitter @BancroftOrg, and like Bancroft at www.facebook.com/BancroftOrg.
Mount Laurel Project Highlights:
- The Bancroft School currently educates and supports up to 225 children each year. The new school will allow the census to grow to serve 264 students when it opens.
- There are 66 students who currently reside on the Bancroft Campus in Haddonfield. The new campus will allow this number to grow to 74.
- There are 504 employees who work on the Haddonfield campus in various programs; this will increase to at least 536 on the Mount Laurel campus.
- Bancroft has been working for the last 10 years to move the flagship programs in Haddonfield to a larger campus with the potential to reach more students with special needs.
- Financial resources to build the campus are not contingent upon the sale of the Haddonfield campus.
Features of the Bancroft Campus at Mount Laurel:
- The Bancroft School - Elementary/Secondary/High School/Transition
- The Lindens Center for Autism
- Campus Residences
- The Enrichment and Training Center
- Gymnasium and Activity Pool
- Vocational storefronts and training environments
- Playgrounds and outdoor sensory gardens
- Center for Assistive & Instructional Technology
- Family Resource Center
- Health and wellness facilities
- Bancroft ABA Center of Excellence
- Bancroft Training Institute